Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Making pretzels from scratch

My kids are spoiled little beasts! They know I know how to make home made pretzels and they bug me for them at the most inopportune times.
See........... pretzels take lots of steps. You don't just bake em' or they'd just be bread. The trick is to boil them!
So..... I first have to get the dough mixed. During that time one of them will spill the flour and we have to take a 20 minute break to clean it up. Then let it rise for an hour. Not an easy task for bread when you have a few teenagers checking in every 10 seconds to see if it is " fat" yet....
Then the boiling, then baking.
They love then and I like making homemade treats but really! all that work and they are gone in 20 minutes! I'll post a few pics of it later if I can figured out how!

No comments:

Post a Comment